Karan Mehra: Everything You Need To Know About
Karan Mehra is an Indian actor best known for his roles in Hindi television series. He works as a fashion designer and has modeled for several brands. He has also appeared in TV reality shows and made his acting debut in a Hindi film as a supporting actor.
Karan Mehra: Early Life
Karan Mehra was born in Jalandhar, India, to Punjabi parents. He is the son of Ajay Mehra (who owns a construction company) and Bella Mehra (homemaker). Kunal Mehra, his younger brother, is his only brother. In terms of education, he attended Apeejay School in Noida before enrolling in the ‘National Institute Of Fashion Technology’ (NIFT) in Delhi to finish his fashion designing course. Following that, he attended the ‘Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute’ in Mumbai to hone his acting skills.
Karan Mehra: Career
In terms of his acting career, he began with the film Love Story 2050. Later, in 2009, he was cast as ‘Naitik Singhania’ in ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’, which proved to be a watershed moment in his career. He left the show in 2016 because of health concerns.
In addition, he appeared in ‘Nach Baliye- Shriman v/s Shrimati’ and Nach Baliye along with his partner Nisha. He entered the ‘Bigg Boss house’ as a contestant in 2016 but was evicted in the 5th week. Following that, he appeared in a number of other shows, including ‘Khatmal E Ishq’ Kitchen Champion, Ek Bhram Sarvagun Sampanna, and Shubharambh. He most recently appeared in “Bewafa Tera Masum Chehra” music video. He has also appeared in two films, ‘Bloody Issho’ in 2013 and ‘Basthi Hai Sasthi’ in the year 2018.
Karan Mehra: Marriage
In terms of his private life, Karan is married to actress Nisha Rawal, with whom he has a son called Kavish. Unfortunately, the couple recently divorced after his partner registered a complaint against Mehra following a fight. He was rumored to be seen with Himanshi Parashar prior to his marriage.
Karan Mehra was arrested by Goregaon police in June 2021 for allegedly trying to force his wife against a wall. Nisha was injured in the head during the event and reported it to the ‘Goregaon police station’. He was eventually released on bail. Karan denied all charges and accused his partner of slandering his image by trying to force her head into the wall.
- Karan used to work at Domino’s Pizza before entering the glamor world.
- Mehra studied acting at Mumbai’s ‘Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute’.
- Karan made his acting debut as a friend of the male protagonist in the Bollywood movie Love Story 2050, alongside Priyanka Chopra & Harman Baweja.
- Karan Mehra was a contestant on Colors TV’s Bigg Boss 10 in 2010. On day 36, he was eliminated.
- In 2021, he and his wife competed in the dance show Nach Baliye Season.
- Nisha, her wife, had filed a FIR against him for committing domestic violence. The television industry was stunned when this information was revealed.